Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas Day 2011

I went to a church service in the evening. There was a huge crowd at the church gate, making queue to enter the church, there are hordes of non- Christian who are curious to see the service at the church. Also the other attraction was there is a screen show on Jesus movie outside the church within the church compound. And for these non-Christian in this country, the decoration and the whole Christmas spirit of celebration which is quite a western thing for them is already enough to make them wanting to see the church itself, anyway this particular church is making some sort of money out of the Christmas celebration, not a problem with me. But the main thing was this hordes of curious on-lookers who look idiotic with their cheap red and white Santa cap, trying and imitating to be 'west/ Christian', its beyond my digest.

And oh, last week, I went to a nearby mall from my home, the decoration make me feel the Christmas spirit which is a total absent here as its not a Christian country (Christians are mostly in south and in northeast and they are minority in this country), so in a way, it was good with the Christmas music etc. There were these 4 girls dress in red colour with a guy playing guitar for them singing a Christmas song, I have two opinion popped up in my mind when I first saw them. One was, this city/country is imitating 'west', and its not a Christian or west country, and when I thought about the 'imitating' part, I feel so pathetic on them, I feel like puking (sorry). But another thought was, celebration of Christmas brings unity here, though they are not Christian but sing Christmas songs and that brings the Christmas spirit, it does unite all with that thing to celebrate that is Christmas. There were also another group of girls, also wearing red dress with Santa cap walking around the mall distributing sweets to kids who are in the mall, they did bring a spirit of Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment